Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Hi again!  I want to thank my aunt Hannah for giving my mom this book for me, because it's a really good story.  It's intriguing and I love how it takes place in Minnesota, focusing on our favorite part of the year, the Minnesota winter!!  :)


*Note: Below is a review that I had written for my post for the author, Maggie Stiefvater.  The old post for this book has been deleted.  (1/16/16)*

In Shiver, the first book of the Shiver Trilogy, Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house, and feels a special connection to one yellow-eyed wolf.  She calls him her wolf, though she doesn't know why.  Every winter, the wolves appear, and come summer they vanish again.  Grace waits for her wolf, trying to touch him, to figure out why he feels so familiar to her.  Until one day, she does touch him.  And nothing will ever be the same.  For either of them.

Sam watches Grace from the woods behind her house, fading away whenever she tries to approach him.  Until one day, when he lets he touch him.  He is drunk with the sensation her touch causes.  So he does something he has never done before.  Come summer, when he takes another form, he talks to Grace.  Because Sam is a werewolf.

But this new friendship is quickly slipping from their grasps before it can become something new.  San must fight to stay human, and Grace must fight to keep Sam as conflicts broils across the small Minnesotan town where she lives.

Comments

  1. Of course Michaela! I can send you the next two if you want. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I already read Linger, I didn't know there was another one! What's it called? I think I can get it from the library too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, well, as you can tell from my comment above, there is a second book after this one called Linger. Then after that there is one more book called Forever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater