Author: James Dashner

I think I already mentioned some of James Dashner's books a while ago, mainly the Maze Runner Trilogy.  I loved the books, but didn't try to see if the author had written any other books.  Unfortunately, I usually don't pay much attention to the author unless I'm looking up a book online or at the library.  This year I figured out that if you know the author and liked the books, you can look them up and they usually have a blog about themselves and what they are writing.  Amazing!  :)  Anyway, I've been doing that with a lot of my favorite authors lately, but I didn't think about looking up James Dashner once I finished reading the Maze Runner.  I just stored away the bits I needed: it was a good book, it was written by James Dashner.  So I was really surprised when I was browsing my local library and pulled and interesting book off the shelf.  It was called The Thirteenth Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters (points for an awesome title) and it's about a boy named Atticus Higgenbottom (bonus points for interesting name) who starts receiving very strange letters that are clues.  I would never be able to figure them out, but Atticus, or Tick as everyone calls him, is obviously smarter than me.  Anyway, I grabbed the book and the sequel, The Thirteenth Reality: The Hunt for Dark Infinity, checked them out, and brought them home.  Then once I retrieved them from the bottom of my library bag, I realized they were written by James Dashner!  I was super excited to read them,and wasn't disappointed, they were great books.  Once I finished with the stories I got online and finally checked out James Dashner's blog.  He has written way more books than I realized, which is awesome because it means more books for me, and you, to read.  Here's the website.     www.jamesdashner.com

Has anyone else ever read a book, loved the author, forgot about it, then read another great book and realized the author was the same?  This was a first for me.  ;)

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater