This Week on Bookwormin'...

Hello!  First, I wanted to share a fun fact.

Fun fact!  Did you know that in the month of October, I got the most page views in one month that I have ever had before?  October sets the record with 380 views!  Thanks so much readers, that is so awesome!

Secondly, as you all know, The House of Hades came out October 8th.  After I read it, and re-read it, and then re-re-read it, I started the entire Percy Jackson series over again.  I've already posted about the PJ series, but in case you didn't read it, here is the magical links that will take you there:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Books 1,2, and 3
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Book 4
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Book 5

Also, I've been re-reading the Artemis Fowl series!  I know, why read so many books all over again.  Well it's been like 2 years and they were books I thoroughly enjoyed.  Here's the old links to those:
Artemis Fowl: Books 1-7
There is also one more book, Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian, which I'll be blogging about next Saturday.

In other news, I checked out a few other books from the library when I got these two series and one of the books was called...

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl (by Jesse Andrews).  Intriguing title, wouldn't you say?

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl is about a boy named Greg, who is accepted into every group in his school.  He doesn't stay with just one and none of the other groups knows he hangs around any other groups.  His only friend Earl makes movies with him.  They make original movies, they try to re-make movies.  But they never ever show anyone.  Their movies are horrible.  Greg and Earl know that.  But there is one person who doesn't exactly think so.  Well, she thinks some of them are bad.  And knows some are horrible.  But she's the only one who has ever gotten to see their movies, aside from Greg's parents.  Her name is Rachel.  And she's dying from leukemia.  Greg and Earl befriend her, but it's an awkward friendship.  What do you say to a girl who's dying anyway?  Greg sure doesn't know.  This book has fights, revelations, really badly made movies, lots of embarrassment, and pretty much everything you wouldn't want in your senior year of high school.  But everything works out in the end. After all, lots of movies have a happy ending.

This book is strange.  The writing style switches between being narrated by Greg to being directed by Greg.  But I laughed my head off during half, and for the other half I was crying or wishing I could just jump into the book already and make everything perfect for the characters.  Great book, I definitely recommend it.  : )

So that's it for this week.  See you next week when I tell you all about Artemis Fowl's last stand!

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater