Author: Susan Mallery

For those of you keeping up with my 2016 Reading List, you may have noticed the sudden stream of books by Susan Mallery.

My friend recently introduced me to a new reading app, called the 3M Cloud Library, so that I can read on my phone without spending money on Kindle books - all thanks to my library card.  Through this app, I discovered When We Met by Susan Mallery.

Image from Google.com
Immediately, I was sucked into the small town of Fool's Gold and the story of Taryn and Angel.  Once finished with the book, I looked and found more and more and more by Mallery.  Unfortunately, When We Met is one of her more recent books in the Fool's Gold series, and so some characters were engaged in one book but hadn't met yet in another, and I quickly found that I read many of the Fool's Gold books in the wrong order.  (Oops.)  Thankfully, knowing the end result never diminished the detailed story for me.

One thing I enjoyed about these books is that just as the small town of Fool's Gold sucks in the characters, even those most determined to leave, Susan Mallery's writing entrances the readers; soon I found myself reading all the Fool's Gold books available to me because I didn't want to let the story drop for even a minute.  Her writing is cliché and yet there are always unpredictable twists.  Even though the story focuses on one clear couple, there is more than enough time for other characters to get their say in, and it's fun when those characters come back in a story of their own.  The stories are often featured in trilogies and focus around siblings, or business partners, so that each story intertwines with the next one in the little saga that is part of the bigger series.

Overall, Susan Mallery's books are highly recommended (especially her Fool's Gold series).  Just make sure you do your research before hand and make sure you read them in the right order.  I'm sure it's easier to keep the character's straight that way.  :)


*Note: Susan Mallery's books sometimes feature mature themes and are not recommended for young readers.

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater