Fake It Till You Bake It by Jamie Wesley

Fake dating, deliciously sweet

4 stars

I LOVE a fake dating romance and this one takes the (cup)cake!  Jada is a reality tv star with an attitude and a goal of finding her place in life.  Donovan is a professional football player trying to keep his cupcakery afloat.  When these two collide, sparks fly... and keep flying as Jada and Donovan navigate working together. 

Photo from my bookstagram - @bookworminkayla

Their banter kept me on the edge of my seat, and I adore when characters who act all prickly to each other start to unconsciously smooth out each other’s rough edges. Jada settles into her role and elevates it beyond her imagining, and Donovan learns to appreciate the people rather than the numbers side of running a business. While the fake dating scheme started as a way to save Jada’s reputation and keep Sugar Blitz in business, these two realize they stand more to gain from it than they ever could have imagined. 

The only thing that could have made this sweet story even sweeter is if I got to taste the deliciously-described cupcakes! I’m hoping we get August’s story next and can’t wait for more of Sugar Blitz!



This book comes out tomorrow, June 21st, so be sure to grab your copy asap!  And thank you to St. Martin's Press and Jamie Wesley for sending me an e-ARC to read and review on Netgalley!

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater