Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams

Small-town, fake-dating, adorable banter

5 stars 

Though this is book 2 of the When in Rome series, I did accidentally read this one first. And I have no regrets - this is a five star read!


Fake dating is one of my favorite tropes and Sarah Adams has pulled it off flawlessly in this small town romance. Annie Walker has a reputation for being the sweetest girl in town. When she’s trying to date and find the love of her life, she learns the flip side of being “sweet” - it can sometimes mean boring. Enter Will Griffin, adventure seeker and bodyguard for her soon-to-be sister-in-law (and her secret crush), who gets roped into helping her practice being her authentic self and rise above her suffocating reputation. 


Annie and Will’s interactions are *chef’s kiss*. Will sees Annie for her true bold self, and Annie does the same, recognizing the vulnerability behind Will’s carefree mask. They banter and have such ease around each other that they don’t feel around anyone else and it’s beautiful. Their practice sessions are so cute and I love that there are moments when Will reconsiders but Annie is full steam ahead. 


I already want to re-read this one and I’m eager to get my hands on book one to learn the backstory and start from the beginning. 

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater

Hello!