Welcome to: The USA

Recently, I came across this on Pinterest:

    I've always thought books are the best way to travel - they can transport to anywhere in any world.  Since forever, one item on my bucket list is to visit all 50 states; this is the next best thing!  I think for the most part, the book that corresponds with the state is because that book is based there, such as with Shiver or The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, which are set in Minnesota and Virginia respectively.  Other books, like Divergent by Veronica Roth, I believe are listed based on where the author lives (a quick Google search revealed Veronica Roth lives in Chicago).
    So far, I've read through Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, and Virginia.  (I also saw the movie version of the Kansas book - does that count?)  Someday, I'll have read through the whole country!
     A lot (possibly all) of these books are fiction, and so not entirely educational, but I'm sure they capture at least part of the essence of the state they represent.  It would also be fun to find American authors from some (or all) of these states and reading something by them; reading your way across the USA through the authors.  Another, more educational option, could be researching on your own non-fiction or historical-fiction books from each state (although I'm sure some have more than others).

Next up:  Australia

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater