Author: Heather Vogel Frederick

The main reason I love Heather Vogel Frederick's books so much is that it's really easy for me to see myself as one of the characters.  I can relate to most of the problems (I say most because I have never had to spit up frogs), and the stories always have little surprises.  Heather Vogel Frederick's The Mother Daughter Book Club series is well written and packed with adventures, books, and mischief.  Once I finish one of these books I always go right to the library website and request whichever book the girls were reading in their book club.  Most of them, I had already read, but after the book club girls talked about the books and described their favorite part, I wanted to know what they were talking about and tell them my favorite part!  I like how Ms. Frederick tells you about the books and their authors in her books, and even includes Fun Facts throughout the stories.
In Once Upon a Toad, there is lots of twists and turns and toads.  Heather makes you feel sorry for Cat in the beginning, admire her bravery in the middle, and clap for her in the end.  I lived the story, and especially loved Great-Aunt Abyssinia!  I wish I had a great-aunt like her!
Heather Vogel Frederick is an amazing writer and wraps you up in her stories with the characters.

Comments

Top Posts

Reluctantly Yours by Erin Hawkins

Hello!

Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater